Monday, January 25, 2016

BP: Artifacts presented in class


My artifact was Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Moisturizing Lip Colour! This is a lip color that I use on an every day basis because it moisturizers, while also adding a tint on color. 

This artifact first came into my possession in a very interesting way. Last year, I wrote for Mour Fashion Magazine in Lexington. My topic in the February issue of last year was to write about winter makeup trends. 

I buy all my makeup from Clinique so I knew I could easily ask one of the Clinique workers what trends she sees on an every day basis in the winter time. She pulled out this Chubby Stick Baby Tint Lip Colour and said this was their #1 selling product during the winter. Surprisingly, it is purple. You'd think it would make any girls lips look like they got frostbitten, but it actually does the opposite. It pulls out the nature colors you have in your lips in the winter. The lady at the Clinique counter gave me loads of free samples of this. I used them all up and, because this stick keeps my lips so moisturized, I have purchased it two different times.

When I look at this artifact, a few words stand out to me: beauty, girly, good health, makeup, trend, mature and clean. These are all categories that this lip color would fall into and it tells the story of what this item means to me.

*Image was taken on my iPhone 6*

No comments:

Post a Comment