Thursday, January 28, 2016

BP: The Media Depot

On January 27, a portion of our class visited the Media Depot in the basement of the library on UK's campus. As I walked into the Media Depot, I was shocked to see how spacious and full of technology it was. As we toured, I learned that systems like Photoshop is something each UK student pays for and is something that can be downloaded to our own computers. We walked past a handful of rooms that were used for recording, with microphones set up, and green screen rooms, used for video taking. One fun fact I learned about green screen rooms was that green is the smallest amount of color found on human skin, therefore; it is good for us to stand before a green screen when recording something.

The Media Depot is definitely an area in the library I will visit more often, especially if I ever need to be recorded for something while I'm in the journalism program!


Image Source:
http://blogs.ket.org/mediaworks/?p=8059

No comments:

Post a Comment