Sunday, February 7, 2016

BP: House

Houses throughout the decades have changed drastically. Nearly every neighbor in America looks different. Some cities have much older homes, where other cities are growing and building new residential areas. I have always thought older homes hold such history, but I only liked these houses when they were kept up nicely. Older historic homes have much different looks if you go from time period to time period. In today's day, you can build a house and make it look drastically different from another house that was just built. There are so many different styles of houses, but they all reflect this time period. When I think of modern day housing, I always picture celebrities houses. They always have a very different look to them and they stand out from anything else you may see. I feel like people are really trying to go for this type of look when now. Everyone wants their house to stand alone. Whereas it used to be so different and everyone wanted that clean, cookie cutter house.

My house in Toledo, Ohio stands out from all the other houses in my neighborhood. It is brown brick and has two giant white pillars that frame the entrance of the house. White is accentuated throughout the outside of the house to break up the brick look. The inside of my house looks much different from the outside. The outside gives a very proper look. The inside is very Restoration Hardware-ish. It is full of fake fur rugs, pillows, leather chairs and glass decor.

Today you see SO MANY different designed houses. This says a lot about the ever-changing design culture. All in all, I do think the majority of people still demand for that contemporary look because it never goes out of style. Plain is timeless. It's the different looking styles that may be in one day and out the next day.

(MY HOME)

*Image was taken on my iPhone 6*

No comments:

Post a Comment