Sunday, February 14, 2016

BP: Postcard Process

As I began preparing to make my postcard, I brainstormed what I wanted it to look like. I wanted it to be based around fashion, but more importantly the ways I see design in my every day life.

Step one of my postcard was to search for the perfect quote. I went to brainyquotes.com.

After I found my quote, I went on my Tumblr to look for pictures I wanted on my blog. Some of the pictures I used were my own pictures. Some were just pictures I reblogged on Tumblr for my followers to see.

I went on Pages, made a 4x6 inch square then scattered my pictures where I wanted them and added my quote. On the flip side of my postcard, I needed the traditional postcard address lines and stamp space. I googled what these looked like then imitated this look on my 4x6 Pages doc.

This project taught me how the postcard process works. I realized I can now send my own postcards because I know how to create them! I loved seeing how much work you have to put into them to create a cute little piece of art. It was very interesting to see the rest of the class's postcards. Some of the postcards were so well made and they blew me away! I loved this project and I will definitely be making more postcards in the future with tons of different designs on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment